There are many resources for parents in this area. Here are a few from Berkeley Parents Network https://www.berkeleyparentsnetwork.org/localgroups (a valuable resource in itself):
Note: Fees shown below are not kept updated, so please contact the organization for current fees and more info.
Bay Area-wide Groups
- Berkeley Parents Network This One! Free online resource for parents in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Holistic Moms Network ($45/yr)
Chapters in Pleasanton and Oakland. Holistic Moms is a national non-profit organization providing support and community for parents interested in green living, alternative health and gentle parenting.
- Mocha Moms ($20-30/yr)
Get-togethers for stay-at-home mothers of color
- Our Family ($35/yr)
resources for Bay Area LGBT parents and their children
See the website for information about workshops, community events, newsletter and email lists, and more
- San Francisco Parents of Multiples Club ($55/yr)
a volunteer organization run cooperatively by and for parents and expectant parents of multiples.
- Twins by the Bay ($40/yr)
For Families of Multiples in the East Bay
Alameda County Groups
- Alameda Parents Network (free yahoo group)
A parent-to-parent email network for families in the city of Alameda, California.
- Castro Valley Mothers Club ($35/yr)
A supportive community for mothers with children of all ages as well as expectant mothers
- East Bay Moms ($90/yr)
Activities for parents with their infants and toddlers
- F.U.N. Mothers Club (free)
Parents in Fremont, Union City, and Newark
- Oakland MOMS Club ($30/yr)
“The MOMS Club is an international organization for stay-at-home-moms…. meets regularly for play groups at various parks … trips to the Oakland Zoo and Habitot, potluck lunches, swimming and Mom’s Night Out. “
- Piedmont Parents (free yahoo group)
“Piedmont Parents is a network for all parents raising kids in the lovely community of Piedmont, CA.”
- Tri-City Mothers of Multiples ($32/yr)
Tri-City MoMs, based in Fremont, is open to parents and expectant parents of twins and higher order multiples. Big Sister Program, Meals for Moms, guest speakers, yard sales, play groups, family picnics, mom’s night outs.
Contra Costa County Groups
- Contra Costa Parents of Multiples ($32/yr)
Outings for moms and dads, and families, support for new parents, equipment resale, etc.
- Iron Horse Mothers Club San Ramon ($37/ yr)
- Lamorinda Moms ($40/ yr)
social and support group for families in the Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda area
- Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek Mother’s Club ($30/yr)
PHWC Mothers’ Club is a non-profit all volunteer organization, run cooperatively by and for its members.
- Pleasanton Mothers Club ($35/ yr)
The Pleasanton Mothers Club provides a social, supportive, and educational outlet for moms and their families in the local community.
- PRAM (Parents, Resources and More) Richmond ($72/yr)
Outings, social events, support for families with young children (birth through age 5) in the greater Richmond, California area.
- Twin Valley Mothers of Twins Club ($33/yr)
Mothers of Multiples (MOMs) in the Twin Valley cities of Alamo, Danville, Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton, San Ramon and Sunol